Why outsource game development?
It has been several years since the advent of the gaming culture where people would become engrossed in virtual worlds. In the last decade, the demand for games and virtual worlds has been constantly expanding even as the number of gaming channels and platforms has likewise grown. Companies must build their market by reaching audiences through social networking sites, online forums and gaming communities. But first, their product must be compelling so that gaming enthusiasts will want to play their games. Game design and development is done through a cycle with several components. The process is complex and time consuming. Hence, companies outsource game development – either segments of the process or the entire process – to offshore providers to save on costs and shorten the development cycle. Gaming channels and platforms Offshore companies that offer outsourced game development make games for the following channels and platforms:
- Xbox, Wii, PlayStation and more.
- Played through social networks such as FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr.
- Video games played over Android and iOS systems on smartphones, tablets, portable media players and other handheld devices.
- Web-based. Games played over the Internet using a web browser.
- Development, design and enhancement
- Art outsourcing (2D, 3D modeling, rendering and graphic design; animation)
- Graphics and multimedia: localization, flash, web development
- Motion graphics and visual effects
- Games quality assurance (QA) and testing: from unit testing to black-box system testing
- Customer relationship management (CRM) and 24/7 support services
- Software (SW) design and development: Java, .NET, C/C++, Python, etc.
- SW maintenance
- SW support: 247 1st, 2nd and 3rd tier support
- Technical documentation
- Standard web technologies as frontend and other technologies to provide a backend